Condit steps aside. GSP vs. Diaz at the Super Bowl Weekend

After UFC 137 at the post fight conference President Dana White announced that GSP will face instead of Condit at the Super Bowl weekend. He said that Condit agreed to step aside and fight another opponent in the same event. If he succeeds he'll get the next title shot. White stated:


"I've known Georges St. Pierre since 2004. He's one of the nicest guys I've ever met, and he's always exactly the same no matter what the situation is, no matter who he's fighting. Since 2004, I've never seen him like he was tonight. Georges St. Pierre flipped out tonight after Nick Diaz was in the ring, and Nick needs motivation, he's got it. He's going to fight Georges St. Pierre. (St. Pierre) said, and I quote -- you're going to think I'm full of sh*t but this is the truth -- I quote, 'He's the most disrespectful human being I've ever met, and I'm going to put the worst beating you've ever seen on him in the UFC."

GSP also stated "This is what I wanted since the beginning. Let's do what was supposed to be done originally. I've always wanted this fight. Now I want it even more. I can't wait for Super Bowl weekend."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like