Mitrione not ready to be No.1

We all have been seeing his brilliant performance in the UFC.  The 33 year old heavyweight believes he is not yet ready to beat the top guys. This is from an interview this week:



“There’s no real reason to throw me to the wolves. Let’s see if I can develop on time and turn into something legitimate. As of right now, I wouldn’t say I’m a legit top 15, top 20 guy in the world, but I’m developing, I’m getting there. I will be there sooner or later. 


They don’t pay me to worry about where my placement is in the world or as far as the UFC goes. They pay me to go out there and punch people in the face and win and put on a damn good show. That’s all I really concern myself with.”


About receiving a lot of compliments from journalists, fighters and media;


“Well I appreciate that, but they also said the same thing about Brandon Vera and they also said the same thing about a handful of other guys that showed a tremendous amount of potential, but just never necessarily reached the top. So I appreciate that, but I feel like I’m grounded enough to take that all with a grain of salt.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like