GSP on Diaz and title bout

"He did very well against Penn. He's the No. 1 contender and he deserves a shot. I'm very happy to fight him. It's always been the fight I've wanted to have. They only thing is he did not show up at the press conference ... so the fight got cancelled - not because of me, but because of him and what he had done. But me, I wanted to fight him. He wanted to have a title fight and he got it. Calling me out is the best way to do it and it's not personal. I've seen it all from everyone before. If they're trying to get into my head and make me fight a bad fight, it's just mind games and it doesn't work. I don't even understand or speak English very well. I don't understand most of the things that Diaz says when he trash talks. I don't really care. I'm just going to focus on hurting him. If I hit him well, he's going to fall. He's a human being. He's not different than anyone else. He's got good boxing and great at Brazilian jiu-jitsu. It's going to be a good fight.  I haven't spoken to Carlos, but he's going to have a title fight after Diaz. I know he's mad. If I were in that situation, I would have been mad as well. But in the first place it was always Diaz. He was supposed to have the shot."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like