Miguel Torres released from UFC!

UFC bantamweight and also former WEC bantamweight champion Miguel Torres was released due to his tweets.

This is the reason: “If a rape van was called a surprise van more women wouldn’t mind going for rides in them. Everyone likes surprises.”

In the past Forrest Griffin and Rashad Evans who made some public remarks was given a second chance unlike Torres. So President Dana White is now being questioned by playing double standards over the case.

Dana Whites Statement on this: "This morning I’m on Michael Landsberg’s show, up here in Canada, and he hits me with the quote of what he tweeted. Now there’s no explanation for that. There’s absolutely nothing I could say to make any sense of that. And the fact that he even thinks that’s funny or that’s a joke, it disturbs me. It bothers me. Again, you’re dealing with a guy that’s a smart guy, that owns his own business, that’s been one of the top fighters in the world forever. And I cut him today. Miguel Torres has been cut from the UFC and his career with us now is over. And then he said he hadn’t heard what happened to Forrest [Griffin, who drew fire for tweeting "Rape is the new missionary" last month . Really? Where do you live? What business are you in? How do you not hear about these things? You should have paid more attention. It’s to the point now where, there’s going be times when things happen and mistakes are made. I cannot defend Miguel Torres. I cannot defend what he said. What he said makes no sense other than when he says, “It was a joke.” Well, I don’t think that’s a funny joke. I think it’s disturbing."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like