Miller admits being nervous heading into Bisping fight!

“I went out there and took my ass-whipping like a man. I wore it like an Armani suit. I thought, I might have nothing left, but I’m going to go out here and try. I’m going to swing for the fences. And I did, but I came up short. That’s the harsh reality of ultimate fighting… It felt weird walking out there. I didn’t feel like my normal self, and it really showed. I couldn’t get relaxed, couldn’t perform to my potential. And I’m not taking anything from Bisping, but it was definitely not my best performance. I didn’t think that that layoff would do anything to me. But man, it was apparent that it did. I kind of freaked out in there. I’ve got to admit it. I usually sit down on the [stool] and get a burst of energy back. But man, I sat down and I was sucking wind. I didn’t feel like myself. I was like, man, what’s going on with me here? I just couldn’t get back refocused. In the training room, I did it just fine. But inside the Octagon, I didn’t come back like I do. I was going, where am I? Usually, by the end of the 60 seconds I’m recharged. I wasn’t recharged at all. I was more tired than when I sat down.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like