Ortiz possibly retiring soon

Tito :  Maybe it's time. I don't know. I guess when I leave on my own terms -- and I look at it as, when I don't have fun coming in the gym anymore, sparring and pushing myself and running every day, maybe it is time. I'm not overstaying my welcome.

My goal in my whole career was to do 15 years in MMA. May 30 will be my 15th year of fighting in the UFC and in MMA, in general. ... This'll be fight No. 26 for me, I think. (Note: Online databases indicate that Ortiz also one additional fight outside UFC) So I'll have 27 and walk away. I think I've done good.

I don't know. But you never know. You never know if Dana and Lorenzo come to me with some numbers that make sense to me. I'm healthy.

I just don't want to have another surgery in my neck or my back anymore. My doctor says, "Out of surgery, you'll get three years. And after that, you may have to have surgery again if you keep doing the banging."

Is it worth it not being able to run with my kids or wrestle with my kids or throw a football with my kids when they get older? A million dollars ain't worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like