Rahsad Evans won't be standing, waiting for Phil Davis to take him down

"I'm approaching this fight as Phil Davis is trying to make a big name for himself off of me because a lot of people don't know who Phil Davis is. I know he's coming with that mindset as spoiler, so I'm just going to go in there and show the world why I should be fighting for the title and why I'm the #1 contender and why I am the best light heavyweight in the division. I'll bet anything, dog, I'll bet anything he'll definitely be the first to shoot in on me. I just think that's where he wants to take the fight. I think that's where he thinks his game works best at. I don't think he's going to try and bang with me. I definitely believe he's going to try and take me down ... I know where to move and where to circle and things I should do when I'm fighting somebody who is looking for the takedown or has the ability to take me down. I don't stand around too much and do things that a wrestler is looking for me to do. I think that Phil has a great pedigree in wrestling, but this is MMA, and MMA and wrestling are not the same. There are differences when it comes to going for a takedown and transitioning into punches and takedowns; there is a big difference there and if you don't transition well into that, it doesn't matter if you are a 3-time world champion, if you don't have all aspects of the game, you won't be taking anybody down."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like