Chad Mendes: I don’t shoot; I blast people of their feet with my takedowns.

“I believe in my skills and knew that if I trained hard and fought right, things would work out for me and they did. These guys that have black belts in jiu-jitsu, I’ve pretty much just shut them down basically because of my athleticism and my strength. I think it’s going to be tough for him to throw any kind of submission when I’m on top punching him in the face. I don’t think he’s got this big advantage on the ground. Jose Aldo is a great champion, but I don’t think he’s fought anybody with the athleticism, the strength, and the wrestling background that I have. I don’t shoot; I blast people of their feet with my takedowns. I’m going to go to Brazil and I’m going to take that belt from Aldo. I’m the next featherweight champion of the world. It happens for me this Saturday and it is time to prove myself.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like