GSP upset on potential Nick Diaz retirement

"I'm disappointed because of all of the build-up for the fight. Emotionally, I wanted to fight Nick Diaz. Carlos won the fight, he fought smart, and it is what it is. Carlos is an incredible martial artist. I want to fight the best man, so Carlos is the best man. It was a close fight, it could have went either way. I wouldn't have been surprised if it went either way. I do believe that maybe Carlos won the judges' decision because he used more weapons and he was more flamboyant than Diaz. But, on the other side, Diaz was - at the end he took the back. It was a tough fight. I just don't know what to say. I'm not surprised by the result, but I'm disappointed a little bit. Diaz's retirement announcement upset me. But, what can I do? I want to be the best. I don't want to be second or third. I want to be number-one, and to be number-one, I've got to fight the number-one guy."


No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like