Pettis: “Henderson doesn’t want to fight me, I’m a bad match for him”

"If I was him, I would say the same thing too said Pettis. I mean, he just won the belt and he doesn’t want to give it up that quick and if he fights against me, he’s not going to hold on to that belt for awhile, I mean, I match up bad for him, and for (him to say) for me to work on my takedown defense, last year he couldn’t take me down and we went five rounds and I won that decision. So, if I was him, I wouldn’t want to fight me either. Of course, he doesn’t want to fight me, for that reason. There is no clear number one contender in the UFC (lightweight) division except myself. I mean Diaz is fighting Jim Miller, and that fight’s a long time away. Let’s set this up, let’s see who’s really number one in the lightweight division. I’m the last guy to beat him and I just had one of the best performances of my life, so let’s make this happen. He definitely got a lot better, but I got a lot better too, everybody gets better in a year. I don’t really see too big a changes, I don’t think it’s going to be one of those fights that where he’s just going to come in and dominate."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like