Rampage Jackson on Missing Weight


“Well, I wasn’t going to say anything. I thought I was going to make the weight, but I got injured in my camp that kind of hindered me from doing a lot of running. But I didn’t want to miss this fight cause this fight’s so important to me and I fought so hard to get it. So I said forget it, I’m just going to man up and still make the fight. I kept training in other ways, I just couldn’t get my road work in a lot. Then I healed up I got my roadwork in but then it was a little bit too late. I started cutting weight, I had a lot of weight to cut and I cut 21 pounds. I just couldn’t get the last six. I tried my best. It’s kind of difficult. You’ve got to weigh in earlier and I kind of underestimated the time. I woke up at three o’clock this morning cutting weight, but I cut everything I had. I had to cut a lot of weight, I’m not comfortable saying how much weight I had to cut, but it’s the most weight I ever had to cut in my life and when I got off the airplane I knew I retained a lot of water, and I really didn’t eat that much on the airplane. Just a few snacks that I brought with me and I was so surprised that I gained more weight on the airplane. It kind of surprised me. I didn’t know I wasn’t going to make weight until a couple hours ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like