Jon Jones: 'I Don't Want to Fight Lyoto Machida'


"I don't want to fight Lyoto Machida," Jones said. "He was my lowest pay-per-view draw of last year.

"No one wants to see me fight Lyoto Machida. I don't want to fight Lyoto again. Lyoto is high risk and low reward.

"He's a tough fighter, but no one wants to buy that fight.

"Between (Mauricio) Shogun (Rua), (Quinton) Rampage (Jackson) and Rashad (Evans), Lyoto was my lowest draw. Why would I want to fight someone where it's a lose-lose situation? I won't make money on it. And he's a tricky fighter."

Jones defeated Machida via standing guillotine choke at UFC 140 in December. His next title defense will be on Sept. 1 against Henderson, and he pointed out in the same article that he isn't looking past "Hendo."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like