Comments and announcements about GSP injury & UFC 137


Carlos Condit

Carlos Condit: “I am greatly disappointed, for both myself and UFC fans, that I will no longer be fighting for the Welterweight title at UFC 137, but I also understand that injuries are a part of this business. 

As a professional fighter, it is my job to be prepared for any and all circumstances, positive and negative, that come my way during training and the actual fight. Georges is a great competitor and I know that he will want to return to 100 percent health as soon as possible so that this fight can be rescheduled. 

This is the best training camp I have ever had, and I look forward to carrying over the growth that I’ve experienced in this camp to my next one. 

I have trained for over a decade in mixed martial arts with the clear goal of becoming the best fighter in the world at my weight class. I have worked this long to become the UFC welterweight champion. I will work a little longer.”


Dana White

Dana White tweets: "I just land in NYC and what do I always say!? I have to deal with bad shit everyday!! GSP is out with an injury!!! #oneofthosedays"

"It's GSP'S knee. We will sit Carlos to wait for GSP. It's looking so far like he could be ready in a couple months. Still early to tell tho"

" Nick Diaz vs BJ Penn is the main event."

GSP Trainer Firas Zahabi: "After he cooled down, I knew he couldn’t fight anymore. I’ve been around, I’ve seen injuries, and I know that that kind of injury is going to take at least two to five weeks of not standing on it for it to be really good (and) sturdy to fight. I don’t know what the medical term is. I don’t know which tendon, or ligament, or whatever is sprained. 
Firas Zahabi
I’m not a doctor, but I know he’s [had] an MRI, he got tested, and he won’t be able to fight… I don’t want Georges coming back too early and making it worse. I want him to heal 100 percent and have plenty of time for the next training camp. I’m disappointed, but I don’t want to discourage Georges. I don’t want him to feel guilty at all. It’s a lot of man hours that he put in, a lot of sacrifice, and I would have liked to see him get (the reward). It’s unfortunate, but it’s going to be delayed.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like