Roy Nelson 2.0 about changing weight class, his new look and more

There has been many talking about his beard, his new look, a possibility for him to drop to 205 pounds in some forums. Well after losing to Mir  in the Co-Main event with a really poor performance a lot has been said.  President Dana White wasn't happy with the performance and had stated after the bout "I thought Big Country looked terrible tonight. He sat up here talking about he got out-wrestled, he looked terrible tonight. He needs to make some serious career decisions. People talk about him making 205 -- listen, that would be a huge life change and a tough thing for him to do, how about 240? Let's make 240, Roy. The fat thing was funny for a while, it's not funny anymore. It's not funny when you're the co-main event in a big fight like that and the fight looks the way that it did tonight."

After all these he also tweeted changes about his training. He migrated to Nelson 2.0. He stated he needs to be faster. I also believe he had very serious cardio problem in Mir fight. This week from the pictures we've seen we really thought there is a  huge difference of how he looks. He says its an illusion and nothing has changed in terms of weight. He also believes he can fight 3 rounds against Cro Cop.

"I think it's my beard, it makes my face look smaller and we know Forrest is off and he's a big light heavyweight, he's about 4-5 inches taller than me. I'm probably; the other day when I weighed myself I was 262 so I was two pounds heavier than what I was for against Frank."


People also discussed him dropping to 205 lbs. And here is what Nelson says about dropping to 205 lbs :)

"I would ask you, 'How much?' and then I'd need to figure out how much I could lose off of liposuction or getting amputated from cutting my leg off. Biologically? I'd have to lose muscle. That's one thing people don't pay attention to is like I wouldn't do a gastric bypass but I'd have to literally cut off my leg and I'd be a one-legged 205-er but I'd still do pretty good."


His opinions about Junior Dos Santos possibly would upset Cain Velasquez @ UFC on FOX.

"Upsetting Cain? I don't think it would be an upset so much. I think whoever controls the fight in the first 2 and a half minutes is going to go on to win the fight."

About getting compared with Matt Mitrione and Brendan Shaub.

"I don't really know here I'd put them two, but with me, I know I'm game to fight Cain Velasquez, Junior dos Santos. I've been fighting those top dogs all the way ever since I've gotten out of the Ultimate Fighter house. I do think this is the first test for Matt Mitrione so we'll find out on Saturday if he can even get past a guy that's been in the UFC for while. Brendan has definitely shown that he's right there in the middle of the pack beating Gonzaga and then Gonzaga retires so it all depends. For myself, I put myself in the top five easy and then Brendan 5-10 and then 10-15 for Matt."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like