Comparing GSP to me is like comparing Kimbo to Ali

Chael Sonnen in an interview talked about his possible rematch against Silva and how it will sell more than GSP vs. Diaz.

It appears that you are in Silva's head in more ways than one. Because of you, he may be splitting with his longtime manager.
Do you plan this stuff?

Sonnen: "I like Ed and he is very good at his job. He has protected a phony, got him paid and pushed more than anybody, and created a false legacy for a bum. Ed should be praised and copied, not fired. I have great management and I'm lucky to be with them, but if I wasn't, I would hire Ed....and I'm not kidding."

You feel as tough you are the uncrowned 185-pound champion, so if Silva refuses, is there anyone else you are targeting?

Sonnen: Wrong, I am crowned. I am clearly the UFC Champion, recognized world-wide and prepared to defend my title against all comers.

Is Chael Sonnen vs. Anderson Silva 2 bigger than Nick Diaz vs. Georges St. Pierre in your mind and would you like to be the first to headline an event in Cowboys Stadium?

Sonnen: "I'm the biggest draw in the industry today. I sell more tickets, more pay-per-views, and more merchandise than any fighter in history. Comparing GSP to me is like comparing Kimbo to Ali."

Vitor Belfort, someone else you had words with, is set to fight Anthony Johnson in Johnson's middleweight debut. Both of those are injury prone. Do you see that fight coming off in Brazil?

Sonnen: "Vitor mentioned my name because he knew I was busy and knew he wouldn't have to get locked in there with me. Well guess what, Vitor? I am busy, but I still got time to kick your ass. Challenge accepted."

You will be hosting the MMA Awards. I can only imagine if Anderson Silva wins an award and is present at the event. Will there be extra security for you guys ?

Sonnen: "It's not my night, it's the athlete's. All participants receiving awards will have earned them and there will be no drama. I encourage ALL fighters to come, even the fake ones. So please Vanderli, press your finest mismatched suit and limp on down to the Palms on November 30."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like