Leben vs. Munoz

Chris Leben: 'When I am right and focused, I don’t see anyone beating me'


"For me I always knew what type of fighter I could be. I knew I had the physical tools and the heart, but truthfully my biggest enemy has always been me. When I am right and focused, I don’t see anyone beating me. The biggest difference has to be doing the right thing. It has to do with more of a focus on training and taking better care of myself ... As long as I am healthy, I’d like to think I can compete for another four or five years. As long as I can be competitive and enjoying myself then we’ll see where this ride takes me."


Mark Munoz about Leben fight: 


"Yeah, it does give me some added motivation.(About Leben finishing out his friend Wanderlei) Wanderlei's a good friend of mine. I train closely with him through King's MMA and he is a friend. So it does give me some added motivation, definitely. Yes, I'll be looking for the finish. I always look for the finish in my fights. Although I didn't get to finish Demian Maia, I was doing my best to, but he's a wizard on the ground, man. I did some land some big shots. I even went for a submission on him. But, hey, I think people saw the improvement of my game in that fight. I'm no different. I'm just an updated version of Mark Munoz."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like