Dan Hardy leaves Roy Nelson's camp

Dan Hardy: “Roy Nelson is a great training partner and great guy, but he’s not really the right man for me to be working with. He doesn’t move like a welterweight and he’s a lot stronger, so picking his brains was great, but hands-on he wasn’t quite right for me. I’ve got a new boxing coach, a new wrestling coach, a new jiu-jitsu coach… I’ve sorted out everything. Being properly set up in Vegas, you don’t have to travel far for world class training partners, and I’ve worked with Frank Mir, Georges St-Pierre, Vitor Belfort. I spent some time with Georges helping him to prepare for Carlos Condit [before his injury], giving him a look similar to what Condit would have given him. I had a great spell with him and his coaches, Firas Zahabi and John Danaher, I went to his wrestling class and it was interesting to see the things I should change in my own training camp.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like