Jose Aldo: Mendes is just a younger Urijah Faber that I'll defeat

“This will be my first time headlining at UFC. I’m very happy to be a part of this event. I’m anxious to hear the crowd screaming as I walk inside. I just can’t wait to feel that energy. About his speed, it won’t be a problem. He’s always been an explosive fighter, but I’m an explosive fighter as well. I’ve been training jiu-jitsu since I was a kid, so if we both hit the ground, I will be the one with the advantage.Chad’s style of fighting is very similar to (his coach and former Aldo challenger) Urijah Faber’s. The height, the wrestling, the way they move…they are very similar. Mendes is younger than Faber, but it’s basically the same type of fight for me. Mendes has got a disadvantage fighting me on his feet. He’s not as good a boxer as the other guys I have faced and I don’t think he can do well standing up in this fight. I will be looking for a knockout or a submission. I will defeat Chad Mendes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like