B.J. Penn wants another title shot, considering lightweight return

B.J. Penn wants another title shot before he ends his career. He stated “I’d love to get another, maybe win the welterweight title one more time. Maybe even, if possible, try to the lightweight title another time."  

Penn doesn't want to speak to early about these changes.The former champion says "As far as everything goes, I’m just trying to take it one fight at a time. If Dana feels that I’m impressive in my next fight and he wants to grant me that opportunity, I’d be very gracious for the offer. As far as getting the title shot or whatever, I think a bunch of the title shot and all of that, it’s all about at the right time, who is open and who is injured, who’s not injured.” Another title shot will actually depend on his performance against Nick Diaz @ UFC 137

No comments:

Post a Comment

You may also like